I have been taking part in a #pusheencraftswap over on instagram and this has taken up most of my crafting time.. so far I have attempted my ‘big’ item twice and I am currently on my third attempt! I decided to try and do some tapestry crochet, but I think you have to be really careful with what picture you use, as my edges never seemed defined enough for my liking.
I did the above using trebles and as you can see I miscounted my stitches a few times on the above picture.. So I decided to start it again and this time do double crochet rather than treble.
This time, it went a bit better but again I really wasn’t happy with the edge of one side (I may be being fussy) so again I decided it was time to start it again! Both the previous ones are now in the bin and the new one has been started. I’m behind on the shipping date so I really need to get a move on but I just didn’t want to send something that I wouldn’t be happy to receive. I think my swap partner will appreciate this (I hope so anyway!)
I’m also doing a cross stitch for this swap as well but will leave that as a surprise for now!
When we moved into the house at the end of April we had a kitchen table that we were debating whether to keep. Originally it had been my mum and dad’s kitchen table from about 15 years ago and then it had been a kitchen table and a craft table for me for a few years while the chairs were being stored in my parents garage, but it was still structurally solid. D and I already had a colour scheme in mind for the kitchen so we decided to give painting the table a go and see what happened so that it would match the new house. We chose to use Valspar wood and metal paint in the colour sea inspired in a satin finish.
D had an electric sander which I decided to use instead of hand sanding it.
The chairs and tables had varnish on them so I sanded them as much as I could to get a good base for the paint to make sure it would take. I decided to do a chair first so I could see what it looked like before I did the table, just in case it didn’t look as good as I imagined!
As the chair turned out so well I carried on and did all the chairs.
The paint we used went on really well, but everything needed about 3 – 4 coats to get the best finish. As only wanted to paint the legs and lower part of the table top I taped up the table top with masking tape to make sure that I didn’t get paint on the top for when I re varnished it.
Once the paint was dry D re varnished the top of the table using a stain for oak rather than pine as wanted a slightly darker finish. Then it was time to assemble the table and put everything back in the kitchen!
I am so happy with how it turned out and we have gotten lots of compliments when people have come round, my dad can’t believe that it is the same table!
It was so easy to do, I would definitely recommend trying it!
So I have decided what with moving house that I need to save a bit of money, and with that I have decided to stop paying for the eclectic stitch domain names and work on this site as my main blog. If I can work out how to transfer my posts over from the old blog then I will, but because I was self hosting and using a word press add on I can’t seem to figure it out, but then it is late on a Friday night!
I will update properly over the weekend!
I seem to have an ever growing list of projects to make at the moment. I have three cross stitches on the go
All of which I am loving and need to finish asap really. Although I’ve ran out of thread for one the bottom right and conveniently mislabeled the bobbin so I’m now not sure what colour it actually is… Oops! The first colour I ordered didn’t match so I’m hoping the new one will if not I’m…
View On WordPress
via Tumblr http://ift.tt/1wRFx3R
I’ve recently become a big fan of doing cross stitch and have been working on this pattern by Stitchrovia which is for one of the besties birthdays. I am loving the pattern and it’s so easy to follow.
If you love vintage patterns and typography then check out Stitchrovia you won’t be disappointed.
I’m using evenweave and an r&r snap frame to hold the evenweave in place.
I love my Filofax and when I first got it I kept,thinking how boring the inside of it looked so I decided to make my own diverges / inserts to brighten it up. I was really happy with how they turned out that I decided to share with you how I made them.
They really are very simple, I can see me making many many more!
I would love to see the ones you have made
I had some exciting post the other day. After seeing a few fellow cross stitchers on Instagram using snap frames rather than hoops I decided to take the plunge and buy one as the hoop I have been using seems to be working itself loose all the time.
I got mine from sewandso.co.uk and they post internationally. The frame in this photo is 14″ x 14″ and having used it for the first time tonight I certainly won’t be stitching on a hoop anytime soon!
The frame is easy to use and keeps the tension perfectly!
I haven’t used it much tonight but I love it. Here’s a little update of where I am with the Victoria sponge cross stitch.